ESTABLISHING YOURSELF (a few details that help somemothers know what they have in common with you).
I am 28 years old.
I am single.
I have 1 boy, age 3.
I work at home.
I am barely making it lol.
I live suburban.
I completed highschool and almost all of undergrad…
I am straight.
Of note about my ethnicity and/or cultural background: My family is Greek, but I was raised here.
NOW, TWENTY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU
- The most significant aspect of my upbringing was the fact that my biological father took off. I had a wonderful stepfather, though.
- My best advice to mothers about to enter the stage of childrearing that I just went through. Take a deep breath and leave the room during temper tantrums. If they won’t hurt themselves, don’t give them attention. You getting upset does NOT help (I tried).
- Something that concerns me about my child. He just turned 3 and is still refusing to poop on the potty. I don’t know what to do.
- My absolute worst mothering moment (so far) was actually just yesterday! My son screamed for 45 minutes at a family picnic. There was nothing I could do, he was just being 3! You shoulda seen my mom and grandma looking at me though lol.
- What annoys me most about other mothers is this constant need to brag. I’m glad your kids are perfect and your house is perfect and your husband is perfect (I’m not even being sarcastic, I’m happy for you!), but I don’t need you to rub it in my face.
- I am happiest when it is bedtime after a long, rough day.
- I am saddest when my son goes to his dad’s house (this is new).
- My biggest fear is bugs. Bugs and not being able to pay the rent. Mainly bugs.
- I am ashamed of the fact that I have not lost the baby weight…because he is 3.
- Something I need to forgive is my son’s father. Just because he was not a good boyfriend does not mean he’s a bad father. I project my feelings for my real father onto him, though. Often.
- Something I wish I could say to someone. I wish I could say I love you to my mom without this weird hesitation. I know she can hear it, and I don’t know why it happens…
- Something I have never told anyone is that I just started seeing someone for the first time since I became single 2 years ago.
- Something I am trying to change about myself is my laziness about exercise.
- My biggest accomplishment is having a happy, healthy little boy that I’ve raised by myself.
- I wish I could win the lottery without buying a ticket.
- Something my relationship with my mother has taught me about parenting is that I need to let things go when the disagreement is over. She used to drag things on for hours after the issue was settled.
- Something my relationship with my father has taught me about parenting is that blood is not always thicker than water.
- How I would describe my faith life. No comment.
- Something I hope will be different for me by this time next year. I hope we will have moved by then.
- Something important about my story that hasn’t been captured by the questions above is that often the only time I talk to adults all day is on Twitter.
- BONUS: A question you would like to see added to this list that readers can respond to in the comments. I have no idea, I’m sorry! lol