ESTABLISHING YOURSELF (a few details that help somemothers know what they have in common with you).
I am 45 years old.
I am married.
I have 2 children. 6 and 9 Girls.
I work part-time.
I am middle middle.
I live urban.
I completed high school and a certificate in Graphic Design from New England School of Art & Design, Boston.
I am straight.
I am of Italian decent and American born.
NOW, TWENTY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU
- The most significant aspect of my upbringing. I was not hand-held or babied too much, I had to work out most problems by myself.
- My best advice to mothers about to enter the stage of child rearing that I just went through. Lead by example! And be honest.
- Something that concerns me about my children. Bull-headed.
- My absolute worst mothering moment (so far). Losing it from time to time and looking like the devil when I do.
- What annoys me most about other mothers. The need to make everyone believe their children are superstars.
- I am happiest when I create and run free with my girls.
- I am saddest when I cannot solve a problem.
- My biggest fear. Death and illness.
- I am ashamed of not brushing my teeth every night.
- Something I need to forgive. My husband for not being more aggressive when it comes to making money.
- Something I wish I could say to someone. Mom, I have always loved you and wanted to be with you more.
- Something I have never told anyone. I tell my husband everything.
- Something I am trying to change about myself. I am trying to play bigger.
- My biggest accomplishment. Designing the Outdoor Advertising for Nike in Miami.
- I wish this time now could last forever.
- Something my relationship with my mother has taught me about parenting. Be happy, and love people.
- Something my relationship with my father has taught me about parenting. Be firm and let your children know “They can do it.”
- How I would describe my faith life. I believe big time.
- Something I hope will be different for me by this time next year. I will have established and grown my creative business. Oh and that I will be writing more.
- Something important about my story that hasn’t been captured by the questions above. I love to inspire people. I also love to push their buttons in order to take them out of their comfort zone.
- BONUS: A question you would like to see added to this list that readers can respond to in the comments. Would you like to play in my sandbox?