ESTABLISHING YOURSELF (a few details that help somemothers know what they have in common with you).
I am 39… years old.
I am married.
I have 2 children. Ages 9 and 12.
I work full-time.
I am upper middle class.
I live in rural.
I have a master’s degree.
I am straight.
Of note about my ethnicity and/or cultural background: Caucasian.
NOW, TWENTY QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU
- The most significant aspect of my upbringing. It was challenging.
- My best advice to mothers about to enter the stage of child rearing that I just went through. Listen to your gut, it’s usually right.
- Something that concerns me about my child. He has disabilities that make learning and life challenging.
- My absolute worst mothering moment (so far). Losing my cool and making a hurtful comment I wish I could take back.
- What annoys me most about other mothers. Not teaching their children to empathize and be accepting of others.
- I am happiest when I am running.
- I am saddest when my children are sad.
- My biggest fear is losing a child.
- I am ashamed about a bad decision as a young adult.
- Something I have forgiven is my parents for not being perfect.
- Something I wish I could say to someone. I love you.
- Something I have never told anyone. If I tell then I will have told YOU.
- Something I am trying to change about myself is to be more mindful in everything I do.
- My biggest accomplishment is overcoming adversity and getting my masters degree.
- I wish my children health and happiness.
- Something my relationship with my mother has taught me about parenting is to listen and validate your children’s thoughts and feelings.
- Something my relationship with my father has taught me about parenting is to never laugh at someone’s dreams.
- How I would describe my faith life. I believe that life is a journey in which one strives for enlightenment.
- Something I hope will be different for me by this time next year is that I can spend less time at work.
- Something important about my story that hasn’t been captured by the questions above. My greatest strength is my determination.
- BONUS: A question you would like to see added to this list that readers can respond to in the comments. What do you do to manage stress?